Winners 35th International Students Seminar
Published on: Wednesday 30 September 2020
Vera Dahmen and Xavier Sourd are the winners of the 35th Students Seminar 2020, held at Sampe Amsterdam Virtual Conference 2020.
Vera Dahmen, Master Student from Aachen (Germany) is working on improving the sustainability and the recycling of composites. She won with her master thesis research on the “Manufacturing concepts for thermoplastic FRP pressure vessels in the laser-assisted tape laying process”.
Xavier Sourd, PhD student from Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier / Institut Clément Ader, won the 35th SAMPE Students Seminar with his presentation about “Abrasive Water Jet machining of multi-material engine parts in the context of repair”,
Both presentations were very well received by the judges allowing them to see off competitors from prestigious universities in Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and Ukraine.
The Sampe Europe Students Seminar
Main goal is to offer students the opportunity to become acquainted with the work of their colleagues in other European countries. The SAMPE Students Seminar is held in conjunction with the annual SAMPE Europe International Conference, which is an excellent opportunity to show students the SAMPE network.
Participating students are selected from European countries by the local SAMPE Chapters or Clubs, and increasingly by local student’s seminars.
- Excellent students in material and process science and engineering;
- MSc students in their final year (at moment of selection);
- PhD students in the middle of their project.
THE SAMPE EUROPE STUDENTS GRANT provides recipient with travel expenses, board and lodging as well as participation fee for the International SAMPE Europe Conference.
2 students will be awarded:
- Best student selected to participate in University Student Symposium during CAMX Conference and Exhibition Dallas, Texas, USA 2021;
- Second student selected to participate to the SAMPE University Leadership Experience during the SAMPE North America Conference and Exhibition Long Beach, California, USA 2021.
As a finalist of the Composites Challenge, the winner is expected at JEC World 2021, to give a presentation.
5 Main reasons to become a member of SAMPE Europe
- Network Opportunities
- Meetings, Seminars, and Literature
- Membership Discounts for Conferences & Exhibitions
- Free Technical Papers
- SAMPE Journal Subscriptions